1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support G1 shutting down randomly.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhoRokG1, Feb 10, 2010.

1. WhoRokG1

WhoRokG1 New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Officer
    Miami, Fl
    lately my G1 has been acting up. My battery will show that its full and it will suddenly die. I would have to plug in the charger and recharge the phone. I have Cyanogens latest rom and an 8gig sd. Can it be that the battery is a complete fail?

Advertisement

2. travisb

travisb New Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Have you figured this out yet?

I am having the same problem. I was running 4.2.14 and started getting random crashes. The only way I can boot up after a crash is if the phone is plugged in. I downgraded to 4.2.13, which I did not have the problem with originally. After the downgrade I still have the crashes.

Today I went back to a clean install of Android 1.6, and guess what, I am still having the same problem.

The phone crashes several times a day and only when not plugged in. I have noticed that about 10% of the time when I try to boot without the phone being plugged in, it will get most of the way booted up, say the battery is low, and shut off. And this is when I know the battery has full charge.

3. pshoup06

pshoup06 New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Yeah this is just now happening to me maybe we should bump this post up to see how much attention can be given to this

Tags: