1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General G1 wifi tether help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arcrius6, Aug 30, 2010.

1. arcrius6

arcrius6 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Ok, so i rooted my unlocked G1 running on the at&t network, and then i installed the wireless tether for root users app, but i am having some problems...

I can connect to the wifi network on my laptop, but the internet homepage is just continuously loading and never actually displays anything. Is this because I am on EDGE and not 3G??

Thank you so much for your help :)

Advertisement

2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Virginia
    From what I was reading wifi tether doesn't work on the G1 you have to use the USB PDANet software, but who knows, I dont have the G1, I just had to collect info on it because I'm making a guide, I'll move your topic to G1 section so guys there with this phone can help you.

3. arcrius6

arcrius6 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Thank you so much!! I didn't know they had that section(I'm new here.) Thanks for moving it though :)

4. silentsnow31802

May 24, 2010
    You can get barnacle wifi or wireless tether. I think barnacle can be found in the market depending on what android version you are on. I use the wirelestether app on mine.

5. rlong19

rlong19 New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I'm using the built in USB tethering right now on the G1 with CyanogenMod6. It's worked out of the box for me since v5.0.7

Tags: