1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G2 Baking and Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jstcynske, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jstcynske

jstcynske Member

My G2 as of late has been running very hot and flying through battery? I can kill all aps, turn off everything except for the network and I can feel the heat sitting in my pocket. It also seems to burn up battery like no tomorrow, literately I will never see tomorrow with it, even if I just leave it in my pocket all day and not use it.
    I tried a factory reset and it didn't help...can you?
    This is the verizon version...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Sounds like a bad battery. Go for warranty replacement.

3. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

I would agree, if it is getting hot and draining battery after a factory reset, you have a defective handset... Get a warranty replacement.

4. jstcynske

jstcynske Member

I think I'll just get a different phone, I'm on my third warranty phone. They don't send new, they send referb, and you end up with the same issues.
    Between my wife and I, we have had three dead screens and now this battery issue.

5. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert

How often is this happening? The reason I ask, is that I've noticed similar thing on mine over last couple of weeks. About 1-2 per week, this same thing has occurs. Each time, I have found that it is the Facebook app. It is stuck in a restarting mode in the Settings/Apps. I can't get the app to kill or stop. I have to reboot, but after rebooting it stops.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews