• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2 battery drain question

Zoodle

Lurker
May 5, 2014
I've had the g2 for a while now, and after the kit kat update I had some battery drain issues but they've pretty much all been resolved, however, this one popped up a couple days ago and I can't seem to figure out a solution. Apparently my phone app is taking up way more battery than it should. When I took this screen shot, I had not made a single call since unplugging (with 100 percent charged). Anybody have similar issues or solutions?

Here's the screen shot: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/p...D5%2526soc-app%253D115%2526soc-platform%253D1

I've had the g2 for a while now, and after the kit kat update I had some battery drain issues but they've pretty much all been resolved, however, this one popped up a couple days ago and I can't seem to figure out a solution. Apparently my phone app is taking up way more battery than it should. When I took this screen shot, I had not made a single call since unplugging (with 100 percent charged). Anybody have similar issues or solutions?

Here's the screen shot: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/p...D5%2526soc-app%253D115%2526soc-platform%253D1

I found a way to resolve this. I to found the same issue. What I did was downgraded the phone back to jellybean 12a and then installed cm11. Battery on this is amazing. I will post pictures to show this.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll take another peak at cyanogenmod, is it really that much better?

Additionally, it says that bluetooth drains about 4%, but bluetooth has been off and unconnected for days. Any thoughts? :thinking:

That's just a false reading, so don't worry about that. I believe it's actually "Android OS" (which didn't appear after the Kitkat update) because with the Knock Code update, bluetooth isn't displayed on there but "Android OS" is back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones