• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G2 camera not connecting

Anyone else having some problems with the camera. Sometimes when I use either the camera app or snap chat it says cannot connect to camera. And I have to restart my phone to get my camera functionality back. My phone is only a few days old. could I have a manufacturer defective device? If so then how can I confirm my suspicion?

FDR is a good suggestion. However, are you using anything that might be taking control of, and hanging onto the front facing camera, like Skype or some other video chat program other than what came with the phone? If so, try uninstalling that and seeing if the behavior goes away.

Like for example, Snapchat? :)

Try uninstalling and see if the front-facing camera facial recognition stuff works.

You might have to contact the developer of that program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones