1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

g2 car mode help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by caseycolette, Oct 9, 2011.

1. caseycolette

caseycolette Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2011
    "Car Mode" wont stop turning on for no reason on my phone. (T-Mobile G2) Does anyone know how to make it stop? I'm about to pull my hair out. There isn't even an option to un-install it. Nevermind the fact that who could find it because CarMode keeps starting! UGH! I found some things in your forum about car home seitings, but my g2 has none of that in its options, can i just remove it? i searched navigator too, but no avail. also you guys talk about "pins" and I have no idea what half of it means, my hubby is deployed and i have no idea what to do!:thinking: yes- i tried turning off and turning back on. why would it suddenly start doing this?

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Talk about "pins": ;)
    Get you the Car Mode only when you charge your phone?
    If yes, do you use a charger with miniUSB plugged to a converter for your phone's mircoUSB socket?

Harry

3. suser

suser Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2012
    I faced a similar problem with Car Mode starting randomly. I noticed that when Car Mode was on, my screen would automatically rotate even though I had disabled the auto-rotate feature in the settings. The screen would turn on at random times throughout the night and during the day. This resulted in the phone battery lasting 1/3 of the amount it used to last before this "Car-mode" issue started. I installed Dock No-Op as suggested by Tmobile and this did not resolve the issue.

I read several threads and came upon one that mentioned cleaning of the USB / Power port on the lower left side the Google G2 phone. This is the port that you connect the Google G2 phone to charge.

I cleaned it using canned / pressurized air - the type that is used to clean away dust and particles from computer keyboards and computer internals such as motherboards. This can be found at any computer or office supply store.

I shot air inside and a tiny piece of dust/dirt or something else flew out.

Immediately, Car mode dissapeared. I turned my phone off and turned it back on and again it was gone. The auto-rotating of the display associated with "Car-mode" was also gone. The phone is back to normal.

This worked me and I hope it works for you. I was vexed for 4 days with this problem.

4. jaydey

jaydey Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2012
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I, too, have been plagued by the T-mobile G2 Auto Home coming on at inappropriate times. It's gone! Halleluia!!! :) I blew out the charger plug hole with the air compressor and it immediately disappeared from my notifications window. One last time. THANK YOU!