• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2 Coming to VERIZON???

The book on LG for as long as long as I could remember is that their hardware was always top tier, but their software and updates are terrible. They've also been on the locked bootloader train for almost as long as Motorola. They might have improved, but the LG device I have is the Nexus 4 which doesn't really count. Expect this bootloader to be locked tight without much developer love.

Upvote 0
I don't think LG devices have been tightly locked down, certainly not like Moto's Droid phones. They just didn't get much love from developers. Hopefully G2 would be beginning of changing that trend.

Honestly I don't care too much about rooting as long as stock Rom is good and stable. Optimus G on at&t was incredibly snappy, smooth and their UI was much improved. I wished verizon would get that last year instead of DNA, but it didn't happen.

Upvote 0
I know this is a VZ thread, and I didn't want to start a new thread for my little question:

will the G2 come as Gsm phone too? specifically, on ATT network?

*edit*
I withdraw my question... Seems like it is expected to:
G2 Developers: Introduce Yourselves! - Android Forums

:D

As you figured, it will be on AT&T for sure. Probably on every major US carrier. LG is going all out with G2 and they stated the G series phones will be their flagship phone (similar to Samsung's SGS seris) with big marketing supports. I hope it does well for them and draw more attention from developers. Wednesday announcement of G2 is almost here now.

Upvote 0
This phone may be a serious sleeper hit. I've been waiting for a phone with a screen size approaching my note 2 with the quality of my droid dna. The snap 800 is just icing on the cake...I'm really interested to see the camera on this thing as that will probably be a major deciding factor for me.

The note 3 will probably use the same camera as the gs4 which is probably great but I want my next phone to have a screen and camera that knock my socks off! Either way, I may end up holding onto my note until phones start coming with key lime pie out of the box since I think that will bring a lot of new features unlike the latest incremental jb updates. Decisions decisions...

Upvote 0
LG surprised us quietly! I can see why Google is going with them again for Nexus 5.

Dude, if Google turns this into the Nexus 5 and plus add KLP.....I'll give them my money right now. I'm so impressed with this phone. The presentation was great. Way better than Samsung's debacle. I even say that I would pick the G2 over the GS4 with no hesitation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones