• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G2 Coming to VERIZON???

Very interested in this, it's a spec monster for sure.

But the devil is in the details, and I'll wait for some feedback to see how it performs in real life. Signal reception, battery life, carrier updates all unknown.
Can it be unlocked? Dev support? Will a similar Nexus 5 get released? And on Verizon? So many questions.

Not worried about signal reception and battery life. LG has been pretty decent on that and this one has 3000mAh battery.

Upvote 0
im looking forward to the lg g2 on vzw as I just sold my s4 {mostly cause of battery life} and im nervous that the g2 although it has a battery 400mah larger than the s4 it wont be enough. I had every Sammy feature turned off and screen to auto on s4 and was barely squeezing thru 8 to 10 hr work day medium use. and with the g2 bigger screen and faster processor im wondering if id just be better going with the maxx even tho I wasn't to impressed with the form factor when I held it in the store. anyone else worried bout the g2 battery??

Upvote 0
I don't know, folks. This has killer specs but the X has killer features. Specs get old faster than features do.

For example: would it not be handy to receive and send texts/emails on your computer screen while the phone never leaves your pocket? Or just ask it to do something, and it does it hands-free?

On sheer horsepower the G2 wins. But I am chasing a user experience... and I think Moto X is going to win on that one. We'll see :)

Not sure if it's been talked about elsewhere on this subforum, but the Snapdragon 800 supports ultra-low power consumption, always-listening voice commands, and for all intents and purposes, it appears LG has the hardware enabled to do this, if it doesn't come out of the gate with software support. I expect this Moto X feature to roll into native Android support as the processors start supporting such a mode natively. With the Snapdragon 800, that native support is here. Another reason why I'd lean towards the G2. Nothing you can do to update your Moto X processor, GPU, or screen. I'd prefer to have the Snapdragon 800 under the hood. I mean, I appreciate Motorola's innovation and understand they've licensed Qualcomm's architecture, but there's something to be said for getting Qualcomm's latest and greatest, considering how long they've been in the business and the fact that they tend to be leading the world in mobile processing. They seem to be the only SoC in the world that is well optimized to work with LTE.

The Snapdragon 800 is the CPU you want in your next phone | Pocketnow

Since the 800 has a very low standby power requirement it

Upvote 0
original.jpg

Can't say I am happy about the Verizon checkmark being on both the front and the back.
I have this phone and believe me the Verizon check mark will hardly be noticed after a short while. I rarely even notice it and when I do , I don't find it a bother for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones