1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G2 OS update???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nitramus, Sep 19, 2013.

1. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

What OS update do you think will get the G2?
    4.3 or 4.4 or both

And since the Nexus 5 is supposed to be pretty much the same as the G2 and the Nexus 5 should be getting 4.4, my guess is that we might see 4.4 as the an official update.

What do you think?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

If it's 4.4, we probably won't see an update until Spring.

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Past experience shows that LG isn't great at providing updates. Though to be fair, not many oem flagship devices from last year are on 4.2.x or higher :rolleyes:

4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

With the current pace that Google is release major OS update like every 6 months, it's difficult for any manufacturer to keep up with that I think.

So it might make more sense to skip one version and jump to next major one like Samsung is doing to GS3, Note 2. They are getting 4.3 soon, skipping 4.2. My RHD is still stuck at 4.1.x and at this point I would rather get 4.3 or 4.4 instead of 4.2. So it might be wise for LG to go straight to 4.4 for G2.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've been on 4.3. It's a yawn if you're already on 4.2. Barely noticeable, updates to some things going on behind the scenes but not much noticeable. Or at least not to things I use on a regular basis. So jmo, but until any phone out there gets 4.4, it's not worth getting excited about.

6. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

Since this is there flagship device I guess they will be better/faster on this one for updates then there older phones.

7. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Its LG's flagship, released on all carriers and the upgrade issue should be on the radar for most manufacturers now (at least on their flagship designs).

I'd be cautiously optimistic.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews