1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support G2 screen has shifted to the right.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by G1nowG2owner, Aug 25, 2011.

1. G1nowG2owner

G1nowG2owner Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Good Day: I am the owner of the G2 or Desire Z. For some time, anytime I'd open the device to access the key board, my screen would shift up. It would shift until I could only see half of the status bar. The screen would always shift back when I close the keyboard.

Recently, the screen has stayed shifted. Now when I hold the phone in its' natural position, the screen is shifted to the right and I can not see the time. When I rotate the screen in the position to open the key board, it stays shifted and I can still only see half of the status bar.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I love the phone, but hate stupid annoying glitches like this.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and help!

G2 owner.

Advertisement

2. cranberm

cranberm Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although, if I had to guess, I would say it's a connection issue. Hoping for a easier solution, however.

Bumping.

Edit: Also, there's a considerable amount of screen tearing. Thought I would mention that as well.

3. cranberm

cranberm Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Anybody? I've gotten a new phone since my last post, but it would be nice to be able to still use my Desire Z for hobby purposes.

4. cranberm

cranberm Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Bumping again. As an update, the screen on my Desire Z has failed completely. Registers touches, but nothing shows up. Sigh. May try to replace the screen just as a project for fun.

Tags: