1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G2x rooted questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k1ll1nt1m3, May 17, 2011.

1. k1ll1nt1m3

k1ll1nt1m3 Newbie

I have a ton of questions, sorry up front. I just got a G2x and have got SuperOneClick and adb setup. I have gone in and and removed a bunch of apks. I have it down to just the apps I use. I have done a dd of system and data so I have a quick backup. Here come my questions...

Can I rename and move the apps I have installed over to /system/app so they are in the system flash? I removed and replaced browser, email, etc... This shouldnt cause too many problems right?

How do I replace the factory image so I can just do a reset? Does anyone know what the other partitions are for? There are 5 that I have no idea what they are for.

Can anyone tell me or point me to the key combinations for boot options? Or a list of apps that can be removed (I lost the link)?

Once again sorry. Thanks for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

The partitions are boot, system, recovery, cache, internal sd, and probably some crap I'm forgetting.

If you want to get back to stock easily then you'll be best off just using NVFlash

LG Optimus 2X Forum

The LG Optimus 2X release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews