1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General G3 display installed by repair shop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pushdrops, Mar 5, 2016.

1. pushdrops

pushdrops Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2010
    A local repair shop was to replace my G4's display - upon my wife picking up the repaired G4 the shop said to use a case to ensure the new display remains tightly installed.

Once my wife brought the G4 home I immediately noticed the Verizon logo at the top right exactly in the same location as a VZW G3. I have never seen a G4 with a Verizon logo.

Also comparing the repaired G4 to my wife's stock G4 the display glass has no curve while the G4's display should have a very slight curve matching the body just as my wife's stock G4 exhibits.

The new display also isn't as bright as my wife's stock G4 & colors aren't as bright.

I called the shop and they said they especially ordered an LG original replacement G4 display (glass digitizer panel) and made sure they obtained one with a VZW logo to match our carrier (though I never requested a VZW logo & have never even seen such a branded G4 front panel, searching all I can find are G3s with a Verizon logo on the front display).

Does anyone know what may have happened? Will a G3 display even work with a G4? They are the same size and resolution. Could there be cheap unofficial replacement parts with inaccurate logo and shape issues & to save $$$ they sold us a lesser quality replacement part?

Thanks

Advertisement

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.
Tags: