1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G3 display installed by repair shop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pushdrops, Mar 5, 2016.

1. pushdrops

pushdrops Newbie

A local repair shop was to replace my G4's display - upon my wife picking up the repaired G4 the shop said to use a case to ensure the new display remains tightly installed.

Once my wife brought the G4 home I immediately noticed the Verizon logo at the top right exactly in the same location as a VZW G3. I have never seen a G4 with a Verizon logo.

Also comparing the repaired G4 to my wife's stock G4 the display glass has no curve while the G4's display should have a very slight curve matching the body just as my wife's stock G4 exhibits.

The new display also isn't as bright as my wife's stock G4 & colors aren't as bright.

I called the shop and they said they especially ordered an LG original replacement G4 display (glass digitizer panel) and made sure they obtained one with a VZW logo to match our carrier (though I never requested a VZW logo & have never even seen such a branded G4 front panel, searching all I can find are G3s with a Verizon logo on the front display).

Does anyone know what may have happened? Will a G3 display even work with a G4? They are the same size and resolution. Could there be cheap unofficial replacement parts with inaccurate logo and shape issues & to save $$$ they sold us a lesser quality replacement part?

Thanks

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews