1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G3 multiple SMS issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kasper007, Jan 26, 2016.

1. kasper007

kasper007 Member

I'm on Verizon, and my G3 has been taking forever to send texts messages. All I see is the loading wheel spinning, and while that's going on it will send 5 or 6 of the same text!!? Anyone else having this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LG1337

LG1337 Newbie

Are you using the stock messaging app? May be a problem with the carrier.

3. Dadof3

Dadof3 Lurker

I'm on Verizon using a MotoX 2nd generation, and my phone started doing the same thing. After typing the text message it will display "sending", then clone and send the message multiple times, each time with an icon that looks like a text message with a check mark on it. I can stop the process if I delete the original message. It seems to do it primarily when I'm sending messages to iPhones. Interestingly, the same icon appears when my phone is in the car and sends an auto-reply to a received text message, but doesn't appear if the text messaging sends normally. I've had the phone for over a year, but it only started doing this within the last 2 months or so. Running Android version 5.1

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Try a different messaging app. I've had good luck with Chomp, Google Messenger and Textra. I've had terrible luck with the stock app and Verizon's Messenger+ app (it actually used to be good but then got all bloated and Verizon-y).

5. Dadof3

Dadof3 Lurker

thanks. I did install Google Messenger, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews