1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G3 WI-FI Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edgie70, Nov 6, 2014.

1. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member

Hi all , had a quick google and a few people say theyre having problems connecting their g3 to their wifi , has anyone had any problems connecting to their home wifi , thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

My wifi occasionally drops and reconnects, but no other issues. Wifi seems pretty solid.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

I haven't noticed any issues with either of my WiFi access points at home, or any of the four at work.

4. Bsheedy

Bsheedy Newbie

When I first received my G3 I had wifi issues at work. It would constantly connect and disconnect. Worked fine at home. I did a factory reset and now it works fine at work. I think it might have been an issue with the IP address(?), I noticed after the factory reset I was assigned a different IP address and no more issues.

5. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Well-Known Member

My wifi is solid. The only occasions when I've had a problem had to do with the wifi routers I was trying to connect to.

6. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

I go to settings and shut off the wifi on my ATT G3 and before I know it, it just turns it's self back on. How do I stop this?

7. GS300

GS300 Member

Interesting. I have a Verizon model and when I turn it off it stays off. Rather annoying actually as I have to remember to turn it back on. I tether my G3 a lot and it won't allow both to be on at the same time so I have to remember to turn it back on when I finish with the tether of my tablet. My Razr Max kept the WIFI on, just not connected to any source while I tethered so I didn't need to turn it back on when I was finished. I can't see a setting to keep WIFI on like the Motorola phones had. Maybe something AT&T did?

GS

8. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Go to SETTINGS > WI-FI > MENU (upper R/H Corner) > ADVANCED & look at all of the options available.
    One or more of them may be what's turning your WI-FI back on.

9. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

The only one I have checked is to notify me when a wifi is available. The key word being notify and not connect. But you never know. I will uncheck it and see what happens.

I figure that ATT just wants me to not use their data when I don't have to so they force it on when I am in range of one of my wifi spots. This is a pain for two reasons. At my Fla house, I have a real slow internet and the 4lt is so much faster. Another reason is that I use webcams both home ant in Fl. The program will not let me see the cameras if I am on the network that is broadcasting the cameras.
    I have unlimited data so that is not an issue for me.

This is my first non nexus phone in a while, and this is the first time that ATT is bothering me with their software. I waited for the Nexus 6 but could not wait any longer so I got this. And guess what, the nexus 6 is out.
    Thanks.

10. jlaroche

jlaroche Lurker

I have the same problem starting today. My phone rebooted twice on its own then no wifi. Maybe there was an update from Sprint that borked the wifi.

11. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T uses any tactic possible to curb network traffic,regardless if you're on unlimited data or not.
    It's a cheaper option for them & I've heard VZW uses the same tactics. :evil:

Kinda the opposite of the other US Major networks:
    What good is a stellar network if they keep kicking you off of it,especially at the price of admission? :mad:

12. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

That could well be it. The only way it can know if wifi is available is to turn wifi on.

13. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

No, with it unchecked, it still comes back on. The ATT store is right next door to my Dr. and I have an appointment Thursday, so I will stop in and ask them. I doubt if they have a clue.

14. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

15. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

No WiFi issues here with the 5GHz band.

16. Steve334

Steve334 Lurker

Hello edgie70,

If you ever experience any Wi-Fi connectivity problems with your LG G3 , you should read this article.

Happy Holidays

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews