1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General G5 promo for free battery and cradle is Bull Pucky

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bikepharmer, Apr 15, 2016.

1. bikepharmer

bikepharmer Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I have been trying for over a week to submit my info to claim the free battery and charger offered by the LG G5 promo. I have called LG, the promo handler, and my provider. Tried to upload material more than 30 times over the last week. BS!

Despite trying for a week to get the submission uploaded, I continue to get error (retry later, etc) I am planning on returning my phone since the battery promo was the main reason I got the phone. Fortunately, I am still in my grace period, so should not be a big deal.

The response from the promo site help desk was "we know there is a problem, but no, we can't help you because it has to go through the (non-working) website." F that. If a company like LG can't figure out a simple website, not sure I want to be carrying around their phone.

Anyone else have a problem with the promo?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    The only problem I encountered was the first couple of days after submitting, I didn't see a status. After that, it went fairly smooth. Got a shipping notice yesterday.

Try using another carriers link, I found that I got the same information, at least with the battery kit offer.
    I checked the status of my T-Mobile offer the other day by clicking on the Verizon link (T-Mobile link was broke at the time) , something similar may work for you

Mikestony likes this.
  3. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    i called LG last week and they told me the servers were being overloaded by people submitting info for the free battery and cradle. i got both ours to go through after trying atleast 20 times.

Mikestony and KOLIO like this.
  4. Suzi_Derkins

Suzi_Derkins Member
    None

Sep 11, 2015
    Did anyone actually get through on the website to redeem the promotion? I am on Verizon

5. kanhatoaster

kanhatoaster Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    My request went through the first time without any difficulties. I did it from T-mobile the 3rd of April and got the extra battery/cradle 2 weeks later. Super fast. I just got the 360 camera last week. That took a the advertised amount of time. They sent an email with a tracking number for both items too.

Mikestony and KOLIO like this.

LG G5

The LG G5 was launched April 1st, 2016. This was some of LG’s biggest innovation yet with the introduction of dual rear cameras, always-on display, and an interesting modular design concept. The modular design never caught on.
Tags: