1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G6 takes a 2 second swan dive into the toilet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DealerMan, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DealerMan

DealerMan Well-Known Member

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. My wife dropped her phone in the doggone toilet. She said she grabbed it immediately and dried it off with a towel. It was powered on. She took the gel case off to see if it had gotten wet on the backside, but it was dry as a bone. She brings it to me, and it seemed to be okay, so I powered it off and removed the SIM & SD card. During this time, the white LED notification light is blinking randomly, when it never had before (even after powering down). After a few hours, we powered the phone on, and she was able to use it normally. She started to watch videos for a few hours, and the light was gone. When she was done watching, she then sees it return with a steady glow. I have not taken a peek at the settings to see if something was activated (either by her or the quick dip in the pool). I would appreciate any advice! Also, the phone is bone stock.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would power it off and put it in a ziplock bag with some rice and leave it overnight like that. hopefully it will work

the specs suggest that even though the phone is not water resistant, it does have water repellent nano-coating sprayed on the inside of the phone. (not exactly sure how well this works)

DealerMan, MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  3. DealerMan

After a bit more research, I followed the advice of a post saying to remove the SIM tray and suck out any water that probably got by the tray. In another post, a guy managed to get a tightly wound piece of paper towel down into the tray area to try and dry it out. Doing both of these things seem to have cured our woes. Hopefully the fix is permanent. I'll update if there is any change.
    Ocnbrze, I was unaware of the nano-coating on this phone. Because of this, I think we dodged a bullet. Thanks for the info!

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. DealerMan

I spoke too soon, but the phone is working just fine. The random flashing has returned, but while in use (facing the phone of course), the flashing stops completely. I won't worry about it, until if & when the phone stops working. If that happens, I'll give my wife my G6, and get a G7 for myself. hehehehe

ocnbrze likes this.

Moto G(6) Forum

The Moto G(6) release date was April 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2018
Release Date
Reviews