1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxay S2 reported to have 4.5 inch super AMOLED Plus display instead of 4.3 inch with Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vector636, Feb 4, 2011.

1. vector636

vector636 Newbie

Well this is mighty big considering it a smartphone and crispy S AMOELD Plus. and Gingerbread is also confirmed here

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

I like it, but I want a small thin phone as I mostly use them as data hubs and use tablets more. Every now and then I still make phone calls.

3. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast

I could not buy a phone that looks like your talking into a biker wallet. 4 inch display is perfect in fit and form even the 4.3 is awkward IMO. Also this is a Samsung and I wont be making that mistake again.

4. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Tegra 2 is not that impressive, it's only a little faster than the PowerVR chip in the Galaxy S.

Trust me, compare our phone to a 4.3" screen and you will have screen envy, I would have been quite happy with 4.5"

5. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast

Well I wont say that Tegra is ALOT faster but faster is faster.

As for screen envy, yeah...........I am going to heavily disagree with ya on that. I still chuckle a little when I see a Evo, to me it just starts looking goofy when a phone gets that big, the resolution is fine but the Evo is a BIG phone, and 4.5 is screaming "look at me talking on my really big cellphone", .........its a comic strip..........and I don't want to be in it, for me 4 inch is big but still fits in my jeans pocket easily. That big dumb Dell phone never went anywhere because nobody wants a phone that big, and if they are going to sell them they could at least throw in a pair of free clown shoes.

6. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

I watch and play games on my phone more than anything else so bigger is better, also the SAMOLED Plus display may not have a higher resolution but it does have more pixels, the image will be sharper and better for reading text. I tend to think of modern smartphones as pocket tablets. :D

The Galaxy S is likely to have the 4 core Mali 400 GPU, preformance is unknown atm.

7. javsjavs

javsjavs Newbie

i might consider moving from my htc desire hd to this phone, but hey these companies keep coming out with new phones and its hard to catch up :p

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews