• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo v1.6 is out!

More Locale does not magically install additional languages, it can only set the system locale settings in order to make the apps that have translations or other region customisations believe that you do have a particular language.

I managed to get Chinese menus using it though... as in, the phone menus.

Edit: my bad, only certain apps as informale said.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem two hours ago!
After several failed tries, I re-downloaded the Galaxo package, replaced the old one I had in the SD card, re-flashed it again and then it worked.
Maybe it was a corrupted file, i dunno.

I've re-downloaded Galaxo but it still didn't work.
These are the errors I see in logcat maybe someone knows what causes this

Code:
W/vold    (   51): volmgr_enable_ums unlock /sdcard/sd                                                                                                    
W/vold    (   51): Bootstrapping complete                                                                                                                 
E/RILClient(   55): Connect_RILD: Connecting failed. Connection refused(111)                                                                              
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Remount in RW...                                                                                                     
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : inadyn deactivated, not started                                                                                      
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Provisionning sim...                                                                                                 
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Vnc server deactivated, not started                                                                                  
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Applying CpuFreq sampling rule...                                                                                    
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : setting cpufreq sampling to performance mode...                                                                      
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Remount in RO...                                                                                                     
I//system/bin/bash(   62): kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
I/logwrapper(   62): /system/bin/bash terminated by exit(1)
W/vold    (   51): send_msg(ums_connected):

Upvote 0
Pff I could really use some help from you guys. Trying to flash to Galaxo 1.6.1 but I just can't figure out how.

I flashed to GalaxHero before, and that wasn't to hard. But this time I just can't find this file Update.zip Drakaz is mentioning in this post. It's not in the provided file archive. Also I can't find this official JB6 update he's talking about. Only version i see on these forums is JB2. Where did you guys get these files?

What I did get done is flashing the recovery to 4.6.1 and making a full Nandroid backup.

Upvote 0
I've re-downloaded Galaxo but it still didn't work.
These are the errors I see in logcat maybe someone knows what causes this

Code:
W/vold    (   51): volmgr_enable_ums unlock /sdcard/sd                                                                                                    
W/vold    (   51): Bootstrapping complete                                                                                                                 
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Remount in RW...                                                                                                     
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : inadyn deactivated, not started                                                                                      
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Provisionning sim...                                                                                                 
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Vnc server deactivated, not started                                                                                  
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Applying CpuFreq sampling rule...                                                                                    
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : setting cpufreq sampling to performance mode...                                                                      
I//system/bin/bash(   62): GalaxRC : Remount in RO...                                                                                                     
I//system/bin/bash(   62): kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
I/logwrapper(   62): /system/bin/bash terminated by exit(1)
W/vold    (   51): send_msg(ums_connected):

Hi
use USB cable of good quality and dont use extension to it.
let me know if this help you.

Upvote 0
I'm using Galaxo 1.6.1 for 2 days now and I think it is a huge improvement compared to the 1.5 firmwares. Touchscreen is much more responsive, battery endurance is better, more apps are supported and overall responsiveness has improved.

Does any of you by change have tested if Wifi Tether is working with this new firmware? See: android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

it doesn't work. cause there is no iptables thats beacuse that pretty samsung has not published the source (kernel) yet

Upvote 0
Harmani

JB2 is JB6.

Update.zip is whatever Drakaz's new firmware file called. It probably isn't called update.zip, but it is a zip file of around 60 megabytes. Just choose "apply any zip" from Recovery and choose the zip file with Galaxo 1.6.1.

wouldnt mind having the JB thing cleared, so do i just use the zip file with the tar & readme and rename it to samsung.tar, or do i unpack the .tar file and then rename it to samsung.tar?

i seem to be having the stuck on android logo boot if i dont restore g.apps, and a blackscreen after the boot screen if i do..

the only time it did work, i didnt have any themes, and the version wasnt updated to JB2..

-------------------------
EDIT:
OK, i seem to have managed to flash the new FW, the phone info says im running it, the menu looks like it and i got the configuration apps. BUT, it seems i dont have the additional programs stated in the info ie betterbrowser..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones