• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo v1.6 is out!

I know how it goes but thx anyway. I would rather try IK5. Somehow I was the happiest with it.

ik5 is not the best choice since it "features" the no sleep bug already, also basebands newer than ih8 have a 3g bug that seems to affect some phones or maybe some carriers maybe it only occures when the phone should fallback to 2g and does not, i dont know exactly who is affected and who not.

Upvote 0
ik5 is not the best choice since it "features" the no sleep bug already, also basebands newer than ih8 have a 3g bug that seems to affect some phones or maybe some carriers maybe it only occures when the phone should fallback to 2g and does not, i dont know exactly who is affected and who not.

Unfortunately, what I found out as a rule is that there is no rule with what kind of behavior you will end up installing this and that version of firmware.
Now my Galaxo 1.6.2. JC6 with IK5 baseband sleeps like a baby, days been passing by and my battery is still half full (optimistic kind of view ;)), but who knows what's going to happen the moment I connect it with my PC (as that seems to be some kind of trigger for sleep/no sleep). What bothers me more is that unfortunately I didn't manage to fix my problem using Cardio trainer app (GPS fixing the position and tracking my route), as it seems the problem is in the Cardio trainer itself and the something else in the firmware (not the baseband). I was using CT app on 1.5 different versions both app and firmware and it was fine. I'm using My Tracks now and it works like a charm, even I like Cardio trainer more (I'm just use to it I suppose).

Something better is the enemy of the something good (as we say in Croatia -hard to translate directly but I think you will get the point).

3G woks just fine as it worked for me while I was using 1.5 and IK5, so different people with different experiences. No rules.

Upvote 0
this file is for galaxo 1.6.2 This is the renamed jc6 as samsung and works fine for restore g.apps

Hi There Thx again for your help

today i tried to install Glaxo 1.6.2 but then again was a failure

Actually i have flashed my phone with JC6 that is already rooted and installed with the recovery 4.6.2

Now i put those file in Internal SD card boot in recovery

crated a nan-droid back up
apply update.zip
restore g.apps
and then i tried to boot the phone

i also got the boot screen but then after about 2 minutes screen goes all blank and nothing come up.

i left the phoe as it is for about 30 minutes but still notghing happened

i also checked for lock key and tried with end key as well but that also did not help me

in the end i had to take the battery out and only by that way i could try to boot the phone again but it was again still the same

so after trying to boot the phone for about 1 hour i gave up and restore nan-droid backup

please suggest what shall I do

Am i doing anything wrong

I never got any error while applying update.zip or restoring g.apps

Regards

sandeep

Upvote 0
what you are doing wrong is thinking that you dont have to wipe from recovery because you have already wiped before

you HAVE to wipe/factory reset from recovery before applying update.zip the restore gapps

if you do not wipe from recovery it will hang with a black screen

Thanks every one for the help

now i have been able to flash my galaxy with galaxo 1.6.2

thanks a ton to all of you

just one question though i have installed galaxo 1.6.2 but i am net getting any sens ui on it

am i doing something wrong ?

Upvote 0
You're not supposed to. UI customisations are dropped. You may install skins (Google them), but triple check - skins for older Galaxo will not work.

Oh so does this mean I will never have the sense UI on my galaxo

i was struggling to flash glaxo theam just because i wanted sense ui on it

poor me.

is there any way around to achieve the same

Upvote 0
Oh so does this mean I will never have the sense UI on my galaxo

i was struggling to flash glaxo theam just because i wanted sense ui on it

poor me.

is there any way around to achieve the same

What part of 'you may install skins' do you not understand? Find the skins and install them from Recovery. There are a couple of skins out there.

Upvote 0
What part of 'you may install skins' do you not understand? Find the skins and install them from Recovery. There are a couple of skins out there.

Well thank you , of-course i understand that and I really respect you guys for helping me out here

What I wanted was Sense Ui not any other skin now i did some search and reading and what i found was that under this discussion (http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/52453-galaxo-theme-help-phone-wont-boot.html) everyone has mention that only "galaxair" theme works

Regards
sandeep

Upvote 0
I have not tried any of those myself, as I don't use skins at all, but at least two of the themes there do have versions for Donut.

Hi

Thanks a lot for keep on guiding a noob like me who always comes to u guys with my stupid question

ok here is the thing actually i bought galaxy thinking that i can get some hero like UI on this and then I came to know about Galaxo Rom

now i have Galaxo 1.6.2 but i cant get the Hero Ui so that mean i need to go back to any previous version of galaxo Rom

so shall I go for Galaxo 1.6.1 or galaxo 1.1.1 Final version

also since I have Galaxo 1.6.2 running with the baseband JC 6 and recovery 4.6.2 do i need to odin with any other firmware like II5 and then install any other recovery on this version 4.6.2 would do just fine.

Thanks a lot everyone for helping me out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones