• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NightAngel79

Mandalorian
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Northern Ky
Just saw an interesting break down in an article (I'll link below), that breaks down the S20 and S20 Plus, the 2 phones most will probably be trying to decide from. An interesting question, which of these to get.

With nearly identical specs, the only real difference is the Plus is bigger 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED vs 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED

With the bigger S20 Plus getting a slightly bigger (500mah) battery.

There is talk of better camera software (time of flight) being on the Plus, which is a clear differentiator, but possible not something most now about or care about.

Ultimately, it looks like the S20 will be $899, and the S20 Plus will be $1099. Is the $200 premium worth the upgrade?

Full rumored spec breakdown here, taken from Digital Trends: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s20-vs-s20-plus/

Capture11.PNG

Wow, $200 for 1/2" of screen real estate seems steep. That list has a lot of TBAs, so maybe there's more too it. My son (yeah, my 12YO son knows about the S20 phones already) :rolleyes: asked if the S20 was coming with the Samsung Earbuds. Maybe there are other throw ins for the Plus beyond the phone.

With push for next gen sammy buds I would doubt they are free. But wouldn't that be amazing? (not ruling it out)

A lot of talk about the 'time of flight' camera function, though I have no clue what that is. Otherwise, I kinda agree. The S20 is sized same as Pixel XL right? SO I can see a premium for bigger screen and bigger battery. But 200?

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones