1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

galaxy 3 settings

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Android Question

HI. Have just got galaxy 3 phone. Having bit of trouble with couple of the settings though.

Camera - Cant find anyway to turn off the shutter sound when taking a picture. I'v searched all through settings etc, vibrate, sound etc, but nothing relates to the camera, does it mean I cant turn it off, it seems really noisy!!!

Texting - Have set it to predictive text, and handwriting (very good), but having trouble when it can't predict a word, and very time consuming tapping letters, backspacing, so I can get the correct letter typed! My Sony Xperia, had a very easy button to use, to instantly switch between predictive, and manual. Have searched, so unless I'm being really thick, can't find a similar way round this on the galaxy

Hope someone can help?

Other wise gradually finding way around this new phone, lot of time wasted though!! Why do we change them?!?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

#1 - You can stop trying to find the silent shutter setting, there isn't one. Many localities ban silent camera shutters for privacy reasons. There are camera apps in Play with no shutter sound. Check local laws before using them.

#2 - I don't have experience with the S3's native keyboard, so I can't speak to this issue other than to recommend SwiftKey keyboard in Play. It is consistently one of the top two paid apps and worth many times what you spend. It's customizable and its predictions are almost scary accurate.

I hope this helps.

It’s great to have you here :)