1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

galaxy/ 5 note 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WIZKID55, Dec 7, 2013.

1. WIZKID55

WIZKID55 Newbie

Cant't belive i saw a news article on the release of galaxy 5 mid march and note 4 3qt 2014... Time i figure out all of my little tibs and tats ON my note 3 the new phones will be out...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. biggee72

biggee72 Lurker

That's the way of the world.

3. nailzer

nailzer Android Enthusiast

Thanks! When the Note 4 is out it'll be a good time to buy a Note 3.

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Pretty soon we will have have a lot of rumors going on they usually start by January :)

5. michaelwy

michaelwy Newbie

Share the article. I want to read it.

6. WIZKID55

WIZKID55 Newbie

Just google it....

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'm going to wait this time. Even though I have the JUMP plan with T-mobile I am beginning to feel what those Note 2 users are feeling about upgrading. I don't really need 4 or 2K resolution on my phone because I don't have anything else that would support that resolution. I also don't really see a faster processor making any difference either. This puppy should get me threw a whole year without an upgrade, no problem.

Peaches037 likes this.
  8. Digital Controller

Yeah you should be fine with the Note 3. It has pretty much flew through everything I have put it through so far, couldn't be happier with it.

9. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Even though I really enjoy my Nexus 5, it's the larger display of my Note 3 that's so compelling and useful. I'm very impressed with the conveniences of the S-Pen as well. It's funny because initially I thought I'd never use it. But having the dual window function for notes and the larger window for my browser, this Note 3 is simply fantastic.

10. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

I've already reserved my Note 5. Has about an 18mo waiting list.

11. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

Being an early adopter - like on day one of release for N2 and N3 - next time I'm going to sit back and wait for problems to be ironed out. I had the dodgy button and even on my 2nd device it stops working every now and then.
    I would have been happy keeping my note 2 after using this for a few weeks it has offered no significant benefit for a

12. RickSchlegel

RickSchlegel Member

The S pen, plus Swipe --- I think my typing is up to 50 WPM! :D

13. Digital Controller

I find Swype using a little more battery life than I want it to. I am testing it versus Swiftkey today and whichever has the lower battery consumption will be my main go to keyboard :)

14. MrClean

MrClean Android Enthusiast

Be sure to share your results!! I've used both in the past and would like to know if one is using more battery than the other.

15. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

I use the paid version of swype from the play store and it seems to work a little better for me than the preinstalled version does... It does have the dragon speech to text engine, but the rest appears pretty much the same. It has something different under the hood than the stock version. I liked the samsung keyboard but ended up coming back to swype anyway.

BlueBiker likes this.
  16. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

LOL...Same/similar rumors were started last year, around the same time. There were bloggers commenting about the Note 3 looking at a "sooner than later" report that the Note 3 might be released by 2nd Quarter of 2013...Of course, as per standard, the Note 3 released very close to 1 year from the original Note 2 release.

Anytime I see any bloggers commenting on either phone this early, I have a tendency to block out any of their "speculation" that the device will be much earlier than the 1 year mark from the previous device's release.

17. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

apart from the fact the rumours for the note 3 were so far off the mark - ala HTC One metal unibody for starters!

18. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Continue enjoying the Note 3 while it's #1

drexappeal likes this.
  19. Unicorn01

Unicorn01 Newbie

I generally like being about one generation behind the latest... Seems to be a good price/performance point. I did jump on the Note 3 a month after release though, but I'll probably keep this until say the Note 5 (or whatever) comes along.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews