• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy 551 Driver? (GT-15510M)

I have installed Kies on both a Vista and a Windows 7 system. I have had intermittent success getting my Vista PC to recognize and install the driver for my phone and on one occasion it finally successfully installed the driver. After many attempts I have even had Kies finally 'see' and connect to my phone and as I was selecting my sync options to put my Outlook contacts, calendar events, music and photos on my phone suddenly Kies crashed.

So, then I gave went to my Windows 7 laptop and tried to get that to work and it wouldn't even successfully install the driver, much less let Kies see and connect and sync.

What are my options now??? I just gave away my iPhone because it was flaky too. I did not expect so many problems and if I can't get Kies to work I will need a workaround. Can anyone here help please???

Thanks in advance! :thinking:

First off welcome to the forums :)

From this link you can download your device driver directly: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

Otherwise you don't need to use Kies, you can probably download the Outlook application off the Playstore, or set it up through the default email application. Calendar events should sync over as well.

You should move your photos to Google+ this way they will automatically show up in your Gallery once you sync Google+.

You can also upload your music to Google Music, thus, the music will be on your phone once you add your account on the device.

EDIT: I have moved this thread into the Android Lounge because it's more of a general android question than dealing with applications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones