1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

galaxy 7 OTA UPDATES?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nyg010, Aug 31, 2011.

1. nyg010

nyg010 Android Enthusiast

Hey does anyone know if you can still update to gingerbread if you don't have 3g service on a Sprint galaxy tab. Im about to buy a used one and really don't want to deal with froyo at this point, anyone know if I can get it off wifi, or without tethering?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

I'm not with Sprint, but I have not been able to capture updates (other than Market apps) since going wifi only with my Tab.

3. nyg010

Wow, Super bummer!

4. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

5. nyg010

Haha yes! Im on a roller coaster of emotions over here. Did you just get it through wifi or you had to download it through the computer?

6. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

I actually couldn't wait so i flashed it myself with the file somebody else had posted.
    But at this point you'll prolly get a prompt to update; or manually check for updates. Either way, you can most definitely get gingerbread on your tab.

7. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

I have a T-Mobile version of the Tab (7") and so far have heard nothing about an update to Gingerbread. Am I just out of luck? There is no menu option on this tab version to check for updates.

8. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not sure about tmobile. I only know sprint came out with that update for it's tabs in july. I want to say yes, but don't quote me on that. How is another question.

9. nyg010

Well my main concern still here is can I get an OTA update without having 3g sprint service but having a sprint tab? no one has yet answered this clearly for me..

10. nyg010

I also checked google came up with little to nothing for gingerbread for uses with wifi only on sprint tabs

11. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

Yes, you will get ota updates without sprint service. All I use is wifi and I was able to to get two updates after I got my tab, the last one for gingerbread.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews