• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy 8 not syncing with multiple apps - Help!

arnolds9

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
Howdy folks,

Device is Samsung Galaxy S8. So I recently wiped my phone, do it every year or so to keep it sharp. Since then, I noticed that my google calendar stopped syncing. Let me define that, if I generate an event on my browser calendar it pushes to my phone, but not the opposite. If I generate an event on my phone, it will not sync to the cloud, just stay local on my device. If I hit refresh in app it does not push it either.

Also, certain work email notifications are not clearing as they previously did on the prior OS aka clicking on a chat in browser that also will ping my phone, I touch the chat message and the app notification should wipe and it doesn't. This leads me to believe that it's not at the app level but phone level. I have tried in the settings--->accounts auto sync data and everything seems enabled. All the app settings say sync etc and have access to storage and notifications. All apps are current patch level. I have excellent wifi and cell service where I reside. I have cleared cache of all affected apps, and cleared data. Phone is patched to current OS update. I'm pretty lost for next steps. Help? I appreciate any and all assistance.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones