1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy 8 not syncing with multiple apps - Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arnolds9, May 21, 2021.

1. arnolds9

arnolds9 Lurker

Howdy folks,

Device is Samsung Galaxy S8. So I recently wiped my phone, do it every year or so to keep it sharp. Since then, I noticed that my google calendar stopped syncing. Let me define that, if I generate an event on my browser calendar it pushes to my phone, but not the opposite. If I generate an event on my phone, it will not sync to the cloud, just stay local on my device. If I hit refresh in app it does not push it either.

Also, certain work email notifications are not clearing as they previously did on the prior OS aka clicking on a chat in browser that also will ping my phone, I touch the chat message and the app notification should wipe and it doesn't. This leads me to believe that it's not at the app level but phone level. I have tried in the settings--->accounts auto sync data and everything seems enabled. All the app settings say sync etc and have access to storage and notifications. All apps are current patch level. I have excellent wifi and cell service where I reside. I have cleared cache of all affected apps, and cleared data. Phone is patched to current OS update. I'm pretty lost for next steps. Help? I appreciate any and all assistance.

#1 arnolds9, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Galaxy S8 Forum

The Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews