1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Ace 2 Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hansis, Jun 30, 2013.

1. hansis

hansis Newbie

My phone continues to receive emails when put in flight mode and is switched off and recharging overnight. It's very disconcerting to be woken several times a night by the buzzer sounding and a bright light in my face. Any way of overcoming this please? Apart from putting it in another room!:eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

have you chose the option to disable syncing? usually that happens when that isn't switched off

3. hansis

hansis Newbie

No, but synching doesn't make the phone buzz or switch on, does it?

4. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

it makes it buzz as a notification, but shouldn't make it turn on at all. Wait do you mean the phone was physically turned off as nothing will work unless you turn it on? if so maybe something(maybe a feature?) turns on the device when connected to a charger.

5. hansis

hansis Newbie

Yes, the phone is powered off and recharging, but lights up when an email is received, I can understand the buzzer as it is my notification sound, but when it is switched off??:(

6. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

does the phone boot when yu connect it to its charger? also turn it off during the day and keep an eye on it if it turns on by itself.

7. hansis

hansis Newbie

No, it does not boot when I have powered it down and connected to the charger. It does not turn itself on during the day if switched off but I will test it again today.

8. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

ive never heard of a email turning on a phone ever. turning off sync should prevent all this though.

9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

For the phone to go from fully shut down to on sounds mega strange tbh :thinking:

10. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

sometimes the kernel forces the device to boot once the phone is plugged in, this happened on the Optimus M.

funkylogik likes this.
  11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Dumb question, but even with Flight Mode turned on, you can still connect to wifi. Are you connected and having email sync?
    Are these actually new emails or old ones being sent even if read/archived? Is this your Gmail app or the stock/third party app?

12. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

Pull down the notifications shade, tap the speaker toggle until it says mute, then you should have no sound OR vibration. But ya, you probably just had your phone in sleep mode and not turned off entirely.

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews