• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy ace apps delete?

kell74

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
ive just brought a galaxy ace and there is a massive amount of apps on it that came with the phone that i cant get rid of, ive read somewere that you can delete them but couldnt work it out, can someone plz tell me how, do i need to sync it with my computer first? its driving me nuts as i cant even get messages as it says my memory is full even tho the few apps i have put on are on my sd card not the phone, thanks

Hi Kell, and welcome to AF,

I'm going to move this to the Ace forum, as the people there will be better placed to advise you. I'll include a few thoughts of my own, but bear in mind that I don't actually know the Ace so these will be generic thoughts.

Pre-installed apps will generally be installed as system apps. This means that you cannot remove them without "rooting" the phone (gaining administrator access, in Windows terminology - "root" is the Linux superuser account). Rooting is device-specific, so if you want to learn about this you should visit the Galaxy Ace All Things Root forum.

Having said that, system apps are, in the devices I'm familiar with, installed on a different storage partition, so removing them does not gain space for user apps (though erasing the data for any you do not use may gain you a bit).

But if you have very few apps installed, and most of those on SD, then what you are describing sounds wrong. As a general suggestion, look at your application list sorted by size in the manage applications menu, and see which are largest. Occasionally some apps can go crazy in data usage, and app data shares space with user apps. So if you find some app is using 10s of MB of data that might mean something has gone wrong there, and cleaning that up could help with your problem.

Upvote 0
Pre-installed apps can only be deleted if your device is rooted, as explained above by Hadron.
What you are facing is a simple case of memory running short, the ACE has a very low internal memory, you can't install too many apps on the internal memory.
You must check what all apps you have installed, then make sure that most of them are installed on the sd card instead of phone memory(go into settings>applications>manage apps>'move to sd'). All apps cannot be moved to sd because some of them are needed to be placed on the internal memory to function properly.

All you can do is either move the app to sd(if possible for the app), uninstall useless apps, clear cache, or root and move all apps to sd card.
There is also another method posted in the sticky threads to Force move all apps to sd card without rooting the phone, you can give that a try.

Reactions: oldchick70
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones