• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Ace deleting widgets/Apps

BINGOWASP

Lurker
Jun 29, 2011
I have a Galaxy Ace running Android 2.2.1. Whenever the battery runs out or the 'phone is switched off then on again it loses various widgets. Evernote is a very popular one to disappear and a calendar app called Jorte. Apps may also need reinstalling; Opera, Angry Birds, eBay, Google Goggles. But then again they may not. It isn't the memory card itself as it's the second one I've used. The Google Docs widget never goes, nor does Winamp. Any thoughts before I reprogramme the damn thing with a hammer? As a post script my partner has a Galaxy S2 and does not have the same problem, even with the same memory card.

Much obliged for any help.

Cheers

I have a Galaxy Ace running Android 2.2.1. Whenever the battery runs out or the 'phone is switched off then on again it loses various widgets. Evernote is a very popular one to disappear and a calendar app called Jorte. Apps may also need reinstalling; Opera, Angry Birds, eBay, Google Goggles. But then again they may not. It isn't the memory card itself as it's the second one I've used. The Google Docs widget never goes, nor does Winamp. Any thoughts before I reprogramme the damn thing with a hammer? As a post script my partner has a Galaxy S2 and does not have the same problem, even with the same memory card.

Much obliged for any help.

Cheers

some apps,widgets,live wallpapers when stored and used direct from the memory card will dissapear when rebooted. its just the way some app and lwp's are written they need to stay on the internal mem' to run.
like my 3g watchdog widget, if stored on the sd card when i reboot the phone it will go,

its like that on every ace so dont be worried, just keep the widgets and stuff on internal., that means yes there is a limit of "internal storage" apps/widgets you can have,

if you only use apps that support apps2sd (it tells you in market app/widget page) then you have a much much MUCH higher amount of possible installed apps.

hope this helps.:D

Reactions: BINGOWASP
Upvote 0
some apps,widgets,live wallpapers when stored and used direct from the memory card will dissapear when rebooted. its just the way some app and lwp's are written they need to stay on the internal mem' to run.
like my 3g watchdog widget, if stored on the sd card when i reboot the phone it will go,

doesn't seem to apply if you use darktremor a2sd, so if you really run out of internal memory with widgets and stuff (WTF? :D), there's your solution :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones