• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy ace help?

mobile3user

Lurker
May 25, 2011
hello,

After recently buying a galaxy ace what are the must have apps and top tips to help with battery and to improve overall peformance.

I have tryed setting up wi fi on it but it scans and disconnects straight away and says not in range and this is aprox 6ft from router. Whats up with this?

thanks

hello,

After recently buying a galaxy ace what are the must have apps and top tips to help with battery and to improve overall peformance.

I have tryed setting up wi fi on it but it scans and disconnects straight away and says not in range and this is aprox 6ft from router. Whats up with this?

thanks

mobile3user, Hi mate, i as a rule turn off gps,wifi and turn down the brightness a little to save on battery. You can alway's turn on these when needed. I am getting about 3 day's max per charge, this is with heavy texting and a little internet. Goes without saying, if you are going to go on a rampage with internet and gaming, then you will have to charge a lot more:)

App's well that all depend's on what you need.

Dolphen broswer is good.
Advance task killer. to kill those app's.
barcode scanner.
power amp .for your music.

Game's, i do belive that need for speed shift will run on the ace.
angry bird's.
quake 3 will run also.

Just a few bit's mate.

Upvote 0
about the wifi problem: mine doesn't do that and i read that some ppl have problems with their wifi, i'd check if you're able to connect to another wifi to find out if it's just a poor router or else your wifi might be broken.

do not install any kind of task killer. it won't help your battery life except if you install crap apps that shouldn't be in the market anyways (weird memory usage, leaks or whatever). froyo should be able to handle memory itself but in case it doesn't, there's still the samsung task manager which i find very useful (i think there's also a widget). task killers might actually ruin your battery life if they try to kill things which automatically start up again.
i think there are discussions about task managers, but i just look at it differently: froyo is version 2.2, if froyo wasn't able to manage memory somehow, it would be more like a 1.0 release or sth.

to improve performance, delete all apps you don't need (also with the samsung task manager). widgets are a cool thing, my guess is (i really have no clue) that they slow down the phone as well and live wallpapers don't help either.

you should also disable mobile data if you don't use it since it uses even more battery than wifi.

Upvote 0
about the wifi problem: mine doesn't do that and i read that some ppl have problems with their wifi, i'd check if you're able to connect to another wifi to find out if it's just a poor router or else your wifi might be broken.

do not install any kind of task killer. it won't help your battery life except if you install crap apps that shouldn't be in the market anyways (weird memory usage, leaks or whatever). froyo should be able to handle memory itself but in case it doesn't, there's still the samsung task manager which i find very useful (i think there's also a widget). task killers might actually ruin your battery life if they try to kill things which automatically start up again.
i think there are discussions about task managers, but i just look at it differently: froyo is version 2.2, if froyo wasn't able to manage memory somehow, it would be more like a 1.0 release or sth.

to improve performance, delete all apps you don't need (also with the samsung task manager). widgets are a cool thing, my guess is (i really have no clue) that they slow down the phone as well and live wallpapers don't help either.

you should also disable mobile data if you don't use it since it uses even more battery than wifi.

yea good advice about disabling data, get a data widget 1 click turns it on & off. only a few work for the ace i found

data widget & APN onoff work fine. easy on cpu aswell.

hey does quake 3 seriously run ok?????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones