1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Ace owners, please look here first! Great tips!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PJ147, Dec 21, 2011.

1. how i connect other application like google play, uc brother , opera and other to wi-fi but it work in packet data

Advertisement

2. mute

mute Lurker

pls help..i bought this phone samsung ace a month ago..now im having no mobile network and always SD error..pls help

3. EmoBoiix3

EmoBoiix3 Newbie

What did you do to your phone?

4. strayduck

strayduck Lurker

5. Digirain

Digirain Lurker

Hi I have a Galaxy Ace, two problems:
    1) Browser crashes often when I try zooming in. Happens also with Dolphin browser.
    2) How can I completely get rid of vibration when I press on the screen to get a sub-menu? Want to save battery power.

6. GrahamF

GrahamF Android Enthusiast

haha, another one caught by those t*ssers at CPW!! Sorry, I hate them. You don't need a protector on the ACE & it will only reduce the touchscreen action!
    Graham. :cool:

7. aqu33l

aqu33l Lurker

hey abt flash support, were nt able to play flv files right? n most of the videos and movies are in the 'flv' format!!

8. nicoloko

nicoloko Lurker

what do you mean about not using task killers? i use it all the time, is it bad? i often encounter the flashing on my phone. the screen blinks automatically even without any notification. and i think its not good. is it?

9. Debsta23

Debsta23 Lurker

I have my Galaxy Ace about 2 weeks. The 3G doesn't seem to be great and everyday I get a message saying that my incoming text messages have been rejected because of lack of storage. I can't seem to find where to change the storage options to the SD card instead of internal phone memory. PLease help!

10. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Let android manage its own memory. Task killers kill apps that are cached (not running) which means they have to reload from scratch when called on - using more CPU and Battery! Android is not like Windows. Free ram is wasted!

nicoloko likes this.
  11. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

If your phone is not rooted, then you can go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications - and press on each app. If it can be moved to SD press the button to do so. If it cant then the button will be greyed out.

The ace has a pitifully low internal storage :( If you root your phone you can use apps like Link2sd which allow you to use a partition in your SD card as internal storage.

Install something like 1 tap cache cleaner too and clear the app caches to free up some space and dont forget to delete emails / SMS etc to free up more space.

By the way look at signal in settings > about phone to see how many ASU the phone has. If its a low number 0/1/2 etc the phone doesnt have a good signal for 3g. If its high 15+ then its either your carrier (some are slower than others) or maybe a faulty phone.

Hope this helps

12. qazplm632

qazplm632 Lurker

I've got the same problem. What should I do now? I don't need to save data. I just want to turn on my smartphone.

13. hemukunche

hemukunche Lurker

Thanks mate !

14. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

It is dead im afraid if it is bricked with ROM manager. Service centre is the only way.

15. Garik

Garik Lurker

Does anyone know how to turn off CB Messages in my Samsung Galaxy Ace- GT-S5830i? It is annoying and killing battery. Please Help !!!

16. CherryPoppins

CherryPoppins Newbie

You said that ROM manager is bad for your phone, I just installed CM7 nightly cooper and it has rom manager installed? Don't know whether to un-install it or not :/

17. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

@CherryPoppins ROM manager will brick your phone if you use it to flash a custom recovery (ie ClockWorkMod Recovery - CWM) I personally disable ROM manager using Titanium Backup as dont trust it :p

18. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Sorry as the s5830I has different hardware I do not know enough about it to answer.

19. CherryPoppins

CherryPoppins Newbie

@PJ147 yeah I'm a little scared of it xD. I have titanium back up, is it the freeze button that disables it?

20. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

It sure is. I personally use the uninstall button! (just to be extra sure!)

21. CherryPoppins

CherryPoppins Newbie

I don't really know where to post this so I will just put it here lol. I'm currently running cm7 just wondering if there are any newer versions or updates? My oh so knowledgeable brother seems to think that there is a cm10 for the ace but i can't find anything online :S

22. CherryPoppins

CherryPoppins Newbie

Don't know why this says I posted it in September when I posted it today but yeah anything?

23. Dovydas_B

Dovydas_B Lurker

samsung galaxy ace is mostly for games. Bechose phone have speed. But to me google play is not working. I try it reinstall but nothing. Some one can help to me ????

24. neel2987

neel2987 Lurker

Hi All,

My phone hangs during a call to someone after exactly 2 rings. Happens very frequently, especially when i have important calls(girlfriend and boss). I look like a miser giving missed calls. Can someone please address this issue. If it has already beeen answered anywhere else please gimme the link.

25. 92GQ

92GQ Lurker

Hi all, I've had my Galaxy Ace for a while and only just found this site. Thanks for the tips!