• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Ace wifi problem

Got both my kids 1 of these disaster phones. Now I'm stuck with these phones and am desperate to fix the enormous disapointment of my kids' first smartphone...

Tried the 526,
Tried the switching off 30 sec and removed battery for 4 min.
Result: still stuck at "Obtaining IP address"

Going to try the static IP address:
1 question remains here: "disable the option prior to using the work router"
If I understand it correctly, setting a static IP address is an option. Is this correct?

Upvote 0
Hi there. I am petty much having the same issue with my wifi, the toggle just will not work. No matter what I do now it remains unresponsive. Problem really kicked off yesterday, phone wifi was all well in the morning but as i was watching youtube video i abruptly lost connection. I thought it would come back shortly but after talking to my roomates and findong out their wifi had been undisrupted after an hour passed i looked into it and noticed that the wifi was not even turning on. I have since then tried removing certain programs, rebooting my phone and even went as far as hard resetting. None of these have worked. I tried using the *#0011# code and toggled the wifi power save to off still no resuland worst of all the 526 code does not give me any response. I even went as far as a hard reset to no result other than losing all my apps and notes etc and not having wifi to reinstall them. please if you can help me it would be appreciated...this phone was supposed to be a temporary replacement for my galaxy ace 2 after the charging port quit on me. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just got an old Ace GT5830 from someone. Yesterday I had the same problem, when trying to switch to my home network there would only be a message "Error". Nothing, not a hint. Not a single network visible and no option to press or check. But then surprise, my phone said I need to charge it. It then connected to my network without any issues. I hope this helps a few people, possibly when the battery is too low Android does not let you connect.

Regards,
Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones