1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

galaxy ace wont turn on/wouldnt charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ivor666, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ivor666

ivor666 Lurker

I tried plugging my phone in to charge and it woudnt recognize that the charger was connected, so i turned it off, now it wont turn on again, it did the same thing a few days ago when I was at work but after alot of effort it turned on again, I absolutely cannot afford a new phone, and my backup is that inq blackberry knockoff and the battery only stays charged for a few hours, please any help, all of my work is done through my phone, I need it back up and running

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ivor666

ivor666 Lurker

also it doesnt even go to the samsung screen and i cant get it to enter recovery mode, most its done is i accidently hid the volume buttom when trying to enter recovery mode and it came up with mode arm9 or whatever that is,

3. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Volume+home+power button gets you to the download mode.
    So is what exactly is the problem, the charging port is not working or the phone is not booting? or both ?
    You can solve the booting problem but for hardware you will have to get it repaired.
    If the recovery menu is not accessible(home+power), your only option remains is to reflash the android firmware on the phone. You can do that yourself through Odin or you can get it done from the samsung service center, your choice. This will erase all your phone data(not sd card).

[TUTORIAL] How to upgrade, root, flash Recovery & Custom ROM Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - xda-developers
    The procedure to use Odin is given here in the section C, required files also given there.

Let me know if recovery is accessible, might save reflashing the whole firmware again.

Desiree bzuwki likes this.
  4. Rob Osborn

Rob Osborn Lurker

Had the same problem. Battery had run down completely and this meant the phone couldn't use mains charger. Connected to PC via USB and got enough juice in there to reboot.Then connected to mains and all good. No need to reset for me.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews