• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy and a Dongle

I was wondering, I want to use a Mobil dongle to connect my Galaxy to the net. The same type dongle as you would use on a laptop. I was looking on ebay and can buy a cable that plugs in to the galaxy with a USB socket at the other end. Would I set it up the same as I would on the laptop. Some places I go to have Wi-Fi but they are expensive so doing it this way is a lot cheaper.
Cheers for any help you can put my way.

I wondered the same when I got my 7" tab but you can't. I have a USB modem on my laptop but they generally only work for Windows, Mac. Eventually, I got a 3G mifi from Walmart. Sample plan is 1.5GB for $25 and no expiration. Geared to light use, obviously. Virgin Mobile just introduced a 4G no contract wifi hotspot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones