1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Core Prime Not Responding To Any Touch

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Uneven Landing, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Uneven Landing

None

Jun 5, 2015
    A few days ago I noticed my Core Prime stopped responding to one tiny corner of the screen. Then a few hours later it spread to the other corner, also disabling the recent apps and back button on the digitizer. Then I thought it was a software bug, and I performed a hard reset. It just made it worse. I let the battery die and did an electrostatic discharge by taking the battery out and holding the power button for two minutes. The screen stopped working completely leaving me stuck on welcome. Even if I press "Emergency Call" nothing works. I cleaned the screen and checked the screen connection cable on the back of the phone by the water indicator and flash. I used a toothbrush and 91% pure rubbing achohal with distilled water to gently scrub the connectors. Still no touch. Is there some type of fix so I can get up and running

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Excerpt from:
    iFixit

OPTIONS

"The part is about $21 for the digitizer and the LCD on Amazon prime (search for G360H LCD). With that being said, if you came into my shop and requested that I do the repair, you would probably be looking at a $69 repair bill.
    The Core Prime was a very inexpensive entry level phone that a lot of prepaid carriers used to lure customers in the door. It may be more worthwhile if you upgraded to a newer phone."

Jfalls63 and Brian706 like this.
  3. Uneven Landing

None

Jun 5, 2015
    That's what I was probably thinking. I'm putting some money into a fund so I can get like an S5 or S6. I am also planning to switch to Verizon because of the very good deals on their flagship phones such as the S7. Do you know if this is common issue with an inexpensive touch screen and lcd