1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy crashed, and won't restart!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Davemusic21, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Davemusic21

Davemusic21 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    So I was loading google earth on my galaxy tab last night, and it froze. It crashed hard. So I held down the power button for 10 seconds or so, and it shut off. However, it will not restart. I hold the power button down and nothing happens. I had above 50% charge when this happened, but I tried charging it overnight. It showed no sign of accepting the charge, but I left it plugged in all night anyway. This morning- still nothing. The Tab appears, for all intents an purposes, to be dead. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Android Expert

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    my stalled a few times, which i thought nothing of it, but then it crashed where i can't wake it up (good battery still). with a phone, i usually pull the battery, but what i did was plugged the charger in and felt it vibrate 2-3 times. still wouldn't wake up, i unplugged and replugged and it worked.

3. Kalvin

Kalvin Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Same thing happened to my tablet, it was just over a month old and never been mistreated. Hung, crashed, died...in that particular order! No mater what I do or say to it it just won't come back to life. I tried the hard reset (Power + Volume Up) I tried the Power + Screen touching, I tried the power on for 30 seconds.... NOTHING WORKED! It is really annoying, I feel that I have been cheated by Samsung. I could have bought Apple which was right beside it, but I had to pick Samsung! :( If anyone finds a solution to this please let me know!

Thanks!!

Kalvin

4. Doodman

Doodman Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Kalvin, if you just got it under a month ago it should still be covered under the Manufacturer's warranty. Why not call them and send it in for repair or replacement?