1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Default Photo Naming Convention

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Shaun4BigBlock, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Shaun4BigBlock

None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    I fix things people break
    Lake Hamilton
    Hello forum, first post long time lurker.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to crack the default photo naming convention on Galaxy devices. The problem I have is that back in the day you could naming option such as "Camera001", "Image001", and order of date time ect in a time/date setting. For a while now companies have been taking away this option (I believe it's marketing/data mining related).

As convenient as it is to have the exact date and time used to name a picture the problem occurs when you have multiple devices but save all your pictures to a LAN central server location and/or upload to a cloud ect. Multiple names with different pictures/sizes conflict and hurt efficiency.

I've already searched the forum and Google with no success. The same smart ass pops up everywhere stating "oh it's easy, just use a file explorer and highlight and then click re-name". Uh, yeah Buddy thanks for the resolution I've been tinkering since Win 3.1 and I'm surprised I didn't figure that one out...

So last night I'm at my sons first basketball practice and I'm shooting with my S4, my wife her Note and my daughter's the Tab 4S. Now I have to sit and rename over 100 files because we were all taking pictures at the same time. This will hit me hard on Christmas and every family event there after.

The example was for the guy who want's to provide a work-around as opposed to a solution. Even if I didn't mind spending endless time renaming pictures it is a pain to do it on my phone before remotely uploading them to my server and my wife her cloud (she keeps her copies of favs for a cell quick reference for friends and family).

I don't mind work-around offerings as long as they are not posted as a "solution". Sadly their are individuals who will post anything just to raise there post count. Kind of like adding a thousand people you don't know to Facebook or Myspace to so as to brag about your friend "count". It's extremely annoying navigating through all the post junkie clutter to get to the meet and potatoes. Sometimes you just don't have more than 20 minutes to do so. That sucks because then another post junkie ups his/her post count by posting "it's out there you should search before asking".

I work 70+ hours a week and I don't have time to decompile-adjust-recompile and fix it that way so I'm relying on someone out there with advanced Android knowledge to chime in.

Script Kitty's PLEASE don't post.

Advertisement