• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy gear not charging help

jmjustin

Lurker
Oct 9, 2014
My galaxy gear is not charging and i think it is broken for good this time. The first charging terminal is black and not gold. Im sure its not connecting to the first one. It use to be if i cleaned it real good it would charge. Now nothing is happening. Please help

My galaxy gear is not charging and i think it is broken for good this time. The first charging terminal is black and not gold. Im sure its not connecting to the first one. It use to be if i cleaned it real good it would charge. Now nothing is happening. Please help

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS jmjustin ! :party:

Sorry to hear about your charging issues.

This sounds like a candidate for servicing by SAMSUNG,hopefully it's still under warranty.

If so,this should be covered by them w/no out-of-pocket expense to you:

Samsung

If possible,perhaps you could drop by a phone store/Best Buy/etc..... & see if you can cross-troubleshoot,by using your charging pod on one of their watches & their charging pod on your watch.

Please keep us posted on your outcome & once again WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ! :)

Upvote 0
Not necessarily:

Register the device w/Samsung & then request warranty service.

Samsung

I was able to have a Motorola XYBOARD serviced by MOTO,free of charge,that I had bought off of e-Bay.

Samsung is pretty decent about servicing their products as well.

Worse thing that could happen is if you don't try.......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones