• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy GIO randomly wont turn on?

frankzane

Lurker
Aug 22, 2011
So i pressed the power button to lock the screen and get it in standby mode and put it on my bedside and now im trying to access my phone again and it appears the screen wont come back on and its not responding to any buttons i press. whats going on with this phone? this happend before and i thought my phone was broken but a while later it started responding again.

The Gio seems somewhat sluggish when reacting to a button press after sleeping. So when it's sleeping, press the power button once, then wait at least two seconds. Now the display should activate and you can unlock with a slide.

If it doesn't, and it's not a battery issue, then there must be something wrong hardware-wise with your phone.

Upvote 0
The Gio seems somewhat sluggish when reacting to a button press after sleeping. So when it's sleeping, press the power button once, then wait at least two seconds. Now the display should activate and you can unlock with a slide.

If it doesn't, and it's not a battery issue, then there must be something wrong hardware-wise with your phone.

nah that didnt work could it be how i charged it first time i used it? i read so many different opinions on the first charge and ended up only charging it until it told me it was charged then i took it off the charge. but yeah the only way the phone comes back on is if i leave it for a couple of hours and and it will randomly come back on when i press the power button or i have to take out the battery and put it back in.

Upvote 0
SO i bought this Samsung galaxy Gio like a week ago today my carriers with bell but all day my phone was glitching i didnt think of anything of it i was on my facebook when i phone said there was a problem so i restarted my phone and it stayed on the samsung loading page for a good hour and still wont turn back on what should i do ? :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones