• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy gt i9000 battery draining ridiculously fast after cyanogen 11 mod

bob135

Lurker
Jan 28, 2018
Hi,
New here and NOT tech savvy but hope someone can help.
I found an old phone in a drawer which i was hoping to give to my father to use.
Its a Samsung GT i9000 with 8gb internal.
It was on froyo 2.2.1 stock and i upgraded it to gingerbread 2.3.6, everything was fine and battery fine.
The phone is rooted using odin and cf root which i did myself. I then decided to upgrade os to cyanogen 11 (version 11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-galaxysmtd) which i found on the internet somewhere cant remember exactly.
So now running kitkat 4.4.4. Everything appears to work fine apart from the ridiculously high battery drain.
Problem now is the battery is lasting about 1/2 hour without even using it.
yesterday the battery status showed ,screen 40% , google play services 30% androidos 10%,etc...
I set alarm clock last night but phone was dead this morning.
battery stats now showing clock 60%, android os 30% ,standby 7% . phone idle 3%, screen 2 %. (no google play services showing.
I did switch off wireless etc...
Anyone know whats going on .charging battery and its saying full but only presently at 74 %.
Thanks Bob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones