1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Mini Battery Drains Fast when using some Network Carriers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n2011, Aug 7, 2011.

1. n2011

n2011 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hi,
    I am in kuwait and i am using Wataniya Carrier sim card. On using this SIM card my battery drains in 7 hours even on standby. So i changed the SIM card from the Same Network Carrier WATANIYA, but still the problem was not resolved.:mad:

Later i tested to another carrier called VIVA in kuwait. On using VIVA sim card in my phone, battery stands up for upto 2 and a half DAYS, even on heavy usage like Wifi, Bluetooth and making or recieving calls in 3G mode.:cool:

SO whom to blame WATANIYA or Mini GALAXY :thinking:

If anyone has similar problem and not yet resolved try on different carrier and check.:)

If anyone has resolved the same problem without changing the carrier please share your solution.:rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    In hell
    Maybe first card you use has 3G service (Which drains battery faster than everythink other) And other card hasn't 3G
    To solve press long turn off button when small menu pop up select 2nd option to disable 3G network and when you need to use do same press it again
    I use this trick...

3. n2011

n2011 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Both the cards are 3G. In wataniya i tried even the option "USE ONLY 2G" and all other options like GPS, wifi bluetooth and all background sync also i made off. But still the battery was draining.Also another point is that this Wataniya Network SIM Card is not updating Date and Time automatically eventhough the option is automatic in phone. This option i tried in Different phones as well as on different Wataniya sim cards where my colleagues and friends use. On calling customer service eventhough we say them clearly it is network problem they were blaming on phone settings or the phone.In case of VIVA i use 3G and Wifi no probs. I use normally without any restrictions while VIVA sim card is inside the phone. Also the date and time updates immly as soon as i check update automatically.So from this can we say it is not phone problem but it is Network problem which drains the battery as well?