• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus 4.2 update problem

I also noticed that on my GNexus since the update. The screen wakes occasionally without touching it. It doesn't unlock, only the lock screen appears.
I experienced this while the phone being plugged to charger, but also happened while the phone being unplugged and sitting on my desk.

Previously it happened only when I pressed the power button, or when plugged/unplugged the phone to power.

When this happens while the phone is in my pocket, it can easily unlock itself and make phone calls, for example. To avoid this you can enable face unlock, or PIN/pattern lock, but you can still make photos of your pocket accidentally. :)

After the upgrade from 4.1.2 I have only cleared cache partition in recovery, no full wipe happened. Phone is not rooted and I would like to save myself from the wipe if it is possible, but if someone says that is the only way to avoid this, I'll do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones