1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Bike Mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kris1991, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kris1991

kris1991 Lurker

Hi I'm wondering if any of you guys have any experience with bike mounts for the Galaxy Nexus, I would like to use the gps for my cycling routes, and obviously it needs to be water proof, so far Egay is pretty poor and there seems to be nothing decent on any websites?

Regards

Kris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Hi Kris

After some searching I don't see anything specifically for the GN, although something like this is not very common nor reliable. I did find this and this.

The ones on ebay do look el cheapo I agree. There are a lot of hits with a Google search, but I'd be wary of anything that mounts with plastic and has any kind of gooseneck. I'd be scared straight to put my GN on one and ride a bike :p

gl!

alostpacket likes this.
  3. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member

if there's one thing about my riding that i'm confident in, it's that my last crash isn't going to be my last :). my Nexus is far too nice to risk mounting it on my bike so i'll be using my Bionic during such risky activities!

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Second link not working?

5. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

6. mattywalnuts

mattywalnuts Well-Known Member

kris, ive used a seat pouch to store my phone, wallet, etc for years. i dont trust keeping my phone attached to a mount. i use bluetooth headphones and track my route with gps with no issues...only thing is obviously you cant view the device while underneath your seat.

7. alostpacket

that takes me to my shopping cart, it probably works for you if it's in your shopping cart :)

the first link is like this:

_ttp://www.amazon.com/Phone-Samsung-Galaxy-Google-Immerse/dp/B005UOMAZ4

the /dp/B005UOMAZ4 is what's needed to link to a product...

the second link is:

_ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html/ref=as_li_ss_til?SessionId=184-6911046-5388643&SubscriptionId=D68HUNXKLHS4J&AssociateTag=amazingdevelo-20&ASIN.1=B004VSMMNU&Quantity.1=1&adid=026CD4TNFCK526PDVHFC&linkCode=as4&OfferListingId.1=UMPXbKBSLwkTNBzHC3at5m%252Bngp2Z08DHHnO4tzhQ3Lz03zrje8NrVhAmoTsu7sDF6unTzD0ZJ0haBGnKWWlot4l9Jdmh3%252FPjWG3RtsXgb%252BYxO1%252BYgM3KGg%253D%253D&submit.add.x=56&submit.add.y=11&submit.add=Buy+from+Amazon.com

this link is to a particular shopping cart "session"

hth

8. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Android Enthusiast

Hi Kris, I use a flap-style belt clip case for my iPod Touch when I'm bikeriding. I Zip-tied it to my handlebars. It's a crude mounting method but extremely effective. The flap helps keep moisture off the iPod, but it's not waterproof. I will probably do the same thing with my Galaxy Nexus, assuming I get rid of the iPod Touch. Hope this helps.

9. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

I got this reply from RAM Mounts -- some other members posted the company name when I asked the same question:

The RAM-B-149Z-UN7 or RAM-B-149Z-UN4U would work to hold the phone on the handlebars of your motorcycle. The RAM-B-149Z-AQ2U would be an Aqua Box solution. The difference in the parts is the holder and the ball that attaches to the different cradles. The Aqua Box lens will not allot the operation of a capacitive screen device.

10. DAHTcom

DAHTcom Newbie

I got tired of looking for mounts that would work the way I wanted, and I didnt want to wait to order and possibly return items.... so I made a cheaper alternative with stuff I had at home.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Definitely not water proof though (had a ziplock bag in case rain came unexpectedly). It feels safe enough when on the road, but I'll need a more secure setup for my main use on the trails. Considering how often I end up off my bike I may end up just looking for a nice solid hard-case and keep it in my pack.

Amazon has some ok mounts that seem worth trying out.

kris1991 and alostpacket like this.
  11. alostpacket

Very cool^ I love the DIY stuff

12. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

Oops... I was thinking motorcycles. Sorry!

13. kris1991

kris1991 Lurker

Amazing effort I like it, nice bike btw love the slicks ha

Im not to worried about having it attached to my bike, when I bought my bike the guy threw in an iphone handle bar mounth which is water proof and looks relatively crash proof which is annoying because I dislike iphones :p

I will need to butcher the mount I've got spare the knuckle joint and turn it into a nexus mount some how :p

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews