• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus clicking noise?

yep, the popping is there. when you press a key its supposed to make a tiny sound. i occasionally get a slight pop.

The sound is definitely distinct from the audible pop/tone (i.e., "touch sounds"). And, for me, I get it even when my phone is on silent. Someone on the mega-thread was saying that they get speaker pop. Perhaps that's what I'm experiencing.

The pop I hear can only be described as what it sounds like when your ear unclogs when you yawn. Very muted pressure release.

Upvote 0
im hearing these popping noises regularly as well. i could only deduce the source to be the rear speaker.

any thoughts? i certainly hope this is actually a bug and not a "feature" lol...

Great point. And you're right. For those of you that care to test this, put your phone on full silent mode, put the rear speaker directly to your ear and then press "back" from the home screen.

You'll hear the speaker turn on, then 1 second of white noise, then a little soft blip/pop as it goes off. Very strange.

Upvote 0
Have you tried disabling the touch sounds?

Go to Settings > Sound and uncheck 'Touch Sounds'.

This solved the issue for me. Hopefully it works for you too....

That's what I was going to ask about (I don't have the issue, or the phone for that matter ;)), does the sound seem like something that is supposed to be there for another purpose, like tactile/haptic feedback, etc? If so, it may be a little bug that can be remedied by turning off that feature.

Upvote 0
Getting the EXACT same issue here as well.

I'm kinda glad a lot of other people are too. I was hoping mine wasn't a hardware defect, because everything about my LTE version is PERFECT. No screen issues or LTE issues. Just this one little annoying pop.

And I'm an audio engineer and my ears are trained to hear this kinda stuff, so I think that is making it worse! Hopefully it is software and they release a fix.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Turning off the touch sounds is not an ideal solution. Besides, the popping sound manifests itself for ANY kind of sound playback, youtube videos for example. In a quiet room and with headphones on I can definitely hear it on my Verizon Galaxy, and it is painstakingly obvious and annoying. I also hear the pop/click just as a sound starts, then again a couple seconds after the sound ends.

Upvote 0
I tried putting the speaker to my ear that was the only way i could here this sound you all are describing IMO it's the speaker being shut off after the sound is palyed, honestly though if it wasn't literaly up against my ear I would never have even noticed it, could this sound be louder on some phones then others wouldn't surprise me.

Question: are you running any apps to help boost the volume of the speaker? if so that could be why you can hear it so well if not then you have great hearing.

Upvote 0
I tried putting the speaker to my ear that was the only way i could here this sound you all are describing IMO it's the speaker being shut off after the sound is palyed, honestly though if it wasn't literaly up against my ear I would never have even noticed it, could this sound be louder on some phones then others wouldn't surprise me.

Question: are you running any apps to help boost the volume of the speaker? if so that could be why you can hear it so well if not then you have great hearing.

I'm not sure there is any "fix." The pop happens even when EVERY sound is muted on the phone. Why the speaker turns on when the phone is on silent is beyond me. But, we'll just have to wait for a software update.

Upvote 0
This has been answered in this thread multiple times, has it not?

Did I notice it at first? Yes. I turned off 'Touch Sounds' and it's gone. Case closed.

Not so fast. It happens after every sound. Go on, play some music and then stop and listen for it. This is a universal audio "problem" or annoyance.

Anyone get the camera shutter noise when they click on their power button to turn the screen off?

That's a normal sound effect.

edit: wait, you mean the bloop vs. the click? I dont get the bloop, sorry lol

Reactions: EdenObscured
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones