• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus gmail bug

jazzzman

Lurker
May 8, 2012
Hello everyone!
Recently I found one very annoying bug on my GNex. Sometimes, when phone receives a new mail through native Gmail app, it shows two announcements on upper notification line, as two same emails at the same time came.

Meanwhile, the phone doesnt play the standard notification tone chosen in the Gmail app settings, but it rings as someone called me. (No, I dont have same tone for both :)

Have anybody encoutered the same isuue? I pray I have just messed something in the settings, but I have absolutely no idea, what it should be.

Thank you in advance:)

Hello everyone!
Recently I found one very annoying bug on my GNex. Sometimes, when phone receives a new mail through native Gmail app, it shows two announcements on upper notification line, as two same emails at the same time came.

Meanwhile, the phone doesnt play the standard notification tone chosen in the Gmail app settings, but it rings as someone called me. (No, I dont have same tone for both :)

Have anybody encoutered the same isuue? I pray I have just messed something in the settings, but I have absolutely no idea, what it should be.

Thank you in advance:)

It sounds like you have the gmail account set-up through more then one application.

either a stand alone app like K-9 or in the generic "e-mail" app.

I'd start there.

I had the same thing happen with txt's when I added chmopsms

Upvote 0
not getting dual notification on my GNex (unlocked GSM), but what IS annoying me is that it's not always syncing right... i opened up the web version of gmail to see i had 5 new emails, yet ZERO notifications on my GNex until I manually refreshed... some of the messages were like 4 hrs old... wtf???

Upvote 0
not getting dual notification on my GNex (unlocked GSM), but what IS annoying me is that it's not always syncing right... i opened up the web version of gmail to see i had 5 new emails, yet ZERO notifications on my GNex until I manually refreshed... some of the messages were like 4 hrs old... wtf???

I just bought my GNex but maybe you changed the frequency rate at which the app updates? I'm not even sure if that is possible.

Upvote 0

Sounds like you are using POP3 for Gmail - is your Gmail account setup for for POP? That would explain the delay and refresh requirements. If so, change your Gmail account to IMAP - uses "push" service instead and all your devices will be in sync.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... looks like the issue might be with my wifi connection (work)... i turned off wifi just to try, and notifications come in...

My Wifi at works "requires" you to log in through a browser, before you can access the internet. If yours is like that, that would cause it. The phone uses WiFi because it is "connected" but it can't actually get anywhere(to the internet)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones