1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus gmail bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jazzzman, May 8, 2012.

1. jazzzman

jazzzman Lurker

Hello everyone!
    Recently I found one very annoying bug on my GNex. Sometimes, when phone receives a new mail through native Gmail app, it shows two announcements on upper notification line, as two same emails at the same time came.

Meanwhile, the phone doesnt play the standard notification tone chosen in the Gmail app settings, but it rings as someone called me. (No, I dont have same tone for both :)

Have anybody encoutered the same isuue? I pray I have just messed something in the settings, but I have absolutely no idea, what it should be.

Thank you in advance:)

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Can't say I have ever had that problem.

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

It sounds like you have the gmail account set-up through more then one application.

either a stand alone app like K-9 or in the generic "e-mail" app.

I'd start there.

I had the same thing happen with txt's when I added chmopsms

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

i have heard about this before...its not a bug, its just something in the settings....but i can't remeber for sure what the setting was.
    maybe the priority inbox setting should be unchecked under your account.
    i dont have this issue, and i have priority inbox UNCHECKED in my account.

5. FitchVA

FitchVA Member

I get the dual notifications when I get an email that gets a label auto applied (work emails fwd'd to my personal phone).

6. jazzzman

jazzzman Lurker

Yes, that was it:) A special notification was set for each label. Thank you, now I hope everything is to go without any problems.

7. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

not getting dual notification on my GNex (unlocked GSM), but what IS annoying me is that it's not always syncing right... i opened up the web version of gmail to see i had 5 new emails, yet ZERO notifications on my GNex until I manually refreshed... some of the messages were like 4 hrs old... wtf???

8. small723

small723 Lurker

I just bought my GNex but maybe you changed the frequency rate at which the app updates? I'm not even sure if that is possible.

9. wrecklass

wrecklass Well-Known Member

which App are you using, email or Gmail?

10. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you are using POP3 for Gmail - is your Gmail account setup for for POP? That would explain the delay and refresh requirements. If so, change your Gmail account to IMAP - uses "push" service instead and all your devices will be in sync.

11. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

IMAP is on, POP is and has been off... Gmail Sync is ON... there's not refresh interval in the native gmail app like there is for the regular email app... (why google doesn't combine these, I don't know)...

12. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

Hmmm... looks like the issue might be with my wifi connection (work)... i turned off wifi just to try, and notifications come in...

13. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

My Wifi at works "requires" you to log in through a browser, before you can access the internet. If yours is like that, that would cause it. The phone uses WiFi because it is "connected" but it can't actually get anywhere(to the internet)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews