1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Holster (not Case)

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by m11, Dec 21, 2011.

1. m11

m11 Lurker

I am looking for a Galaxy Nexus (Verizon model) holster NOT case. In other words I don't want anything to attach to the phone itself, and when it's removed from the holster it should be pure. This is what I had for my Droid 2 and I'm looking for something just like it or very similar for the Galaxy Nexus, but I can't seem to find anything out there yet...

www.technocel.com/images/Products/MA855HSL_n.jpg

(site won't let me include a direct link)

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nnelzen

nnelzen Lurker

I like mine the same way. It always seems to take at least a couple weeks and Seido makes them 1st. Then Verizon comes out with one a few + weeks later. At least that's how its been for my og droid, and bionic. I'll just keep my G-Nex naked and in my pocket till then. I think they just want us to have to pay for a case too in order to get a decent holster.

3. Craig70130

Craig70130 Lurker

I'm in the same boat. I purchased the Verizon branded 'Otterbox' holster from Verizon when I got my phone (paying way too much I should mention), and the required case + rubberized backing added way too much bulk to the phone - litterally a good 1/2" or more to the height, width and depth - each. This causes the phone to be obscenely large plus cuts off access to the side connections which I plan to use with the docking station once released.

I don't understand it - I can find at least a dozen companies making holsters for this phone with all of them requiring the shell. Granted the phone is new but it's been out in Europe for over a month.

4. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

Also looking for this. Still haven't seen anything other than shell / holster combos. Just want my naked Nexus in a holster, please.

Seidio, are you listening?

5. Craig70130

Craig70130 Lurker

I emailed Seidio and they said they have nothing in the works but will forward my request to their R&D department.

I really don't understand why no one has such a holster available. I've never seen another phone not have just a regular holster. Out of the dozen brands that are available, all the holsters require the casing.

There must be a reason.

6. DanTheMan

DanTheMan Lurker

Still no luck on this? I'm in the exact same boat. Came from a OG Droid, used the exact same case as shown in the picture in the first post and loved it. I don't want to add bulk to my phone by adding a back cover to it. I just want to clip my phone in and out.

7. Craig70130

Craig70130 Lurker

Still no luck. I've emailed Seidio as well as a number of the bigger online stores and no one seems to know when one will be available.

Very strange.

8. saintsteven

saintsteven Lurker

I found one that fits the G-nex pretty well. It is the Cellet Bergamo Leather at hedocell.com. I also found a nice one at pocket solutions that is made for the Droid x2 but it is slightly small for the G-nex, but it does work.

9. Craig70130

Craig70130 Lurker

I'm using the an old leather one that fits perfectly but it's not what I want and the clip doesn't swivel on it.

Still can't believe no one has a naked holster available. Ever phone I've ever purchased had one available the day the phone was available.

Bizarro

10. JL44516

JL44516 Member

anything yet? what about a holster that would work well with a tpu case over the phone?