1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slojay, Dec 23, 2011.

1. slojay

slojay Lurker

Im new to Samsung when it comes to smartphones so i am unaware of any previous issues people have mentioned such as gps problems. I had a LG Ally and upgraded to the Nexus. It seems like a good phone however i think the volume is very low for calls as well as when watching media. i downloaded the volume + app which many ppl have said fixed the "volume issue" however i see very little progress. That being said i move to my other questions....i had a bunch of photos on my Ally's SD card. Im under the impression the only way to transfer these pics to my new phone is with the "bump" app which i did. When i tried to attach one of those pics in a sms msg it said it was a unsupported file format?!? amny idea how i ca nget these pics from my SD card onto my Nexus and still be able to send them in emails/sms msgs? Finally, is it beneficial to me to root the phone? i have never rooted a phone before and am curious as to the advantages? are there any downsides to rooting? once the phone is rooted can it easily be restored to its previous state if necessary? is it harder to update apps or the firmware once the phone is rooted? any information would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

what volume issue? :eek:

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Transfer files to computer, then to nexus via usb

4. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

^This. I transferred ringtones and pictures from my DroidX to my Nexus this way. Worked like a champ.

As far as the volume issue, the Volume+ app didn't seem to work at first, but once I rebooted my phone, it seemed to start working. Try that and see if it helps.

5. slojay

slojay Lurker

bubba-
    not sure if its me but it seems like the volume during a call is a little low. i dowloaded the volume+ app and read on the forum to put the in-call volume to +8 but this seemed to do little in terms of raising the volume.

6. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

I feel like a freak..I have to keep turning down my in-call volume...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews