1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Nexus locking up in use

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blorg, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Blorg

Blorg Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    I have this phone a bit under two weeks. Towards the end of the first week it locked up once- screen froze, unresponsive, then went black. Had to remove the battery to get it on again. This is now happening more frequently, maybe once a day on average. Generally the screen just freezes but once it froze and took on a jagged, sort of interlaced effect, reminiscent of an LCD cable being loose. So far the freezes have always been while I have actively been using it, it has never frozen in my pocket or overnight. My gut feeling is that it is a hardware issue.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. Dklas2k

Dklas2k Newbie
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    It's happened to me a couple times as well. Mine was on the frozen black screen when I check it the first thing in the morning. I had to do a battery pull to reset the phone. Another time, my morning alarm went off and when I pushed the "dismiss" button, there was the black frozen screen again. I hope it's just an ICS bug and will be fixed in the next update.

Blorg and GalaxyNexus like this.
  3. Blorg

Blorg Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Cool, thank you for that. I would be happier if it is an software bug, rather than a hardware issue... I bought the phone in Thailand and so returns would be a hassle; everything I have heard is that this is an awful place to try to get warranty service. I'll just keep at it for now and hope that it doesn't recur too much.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Male
    I've had it happen about four times myself in the couple months I've had mine. It's annoying. Hopefully something that can be fixed with a software update.

Blorg likes this.
  5. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    Grad student
    Martinsburg, WV & Portales, NM
    I haven't had this issue, and it is possible that it is a hardware/software issue, but I know when I used to always be flashing the latest and greatest ROM back in the G1 days, this would happen and 90% of the time a factory reset would take care of it. Sometimes during the initialization/install of the software, a file doesn't copy right or something and causes a memory leak. Re-initializing (resetting) usually takes care of that.

Blorg likes this.
Tags: