• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Nexus NFC

chris7426

Lurker
Feb 4, 2013
I have a Galaxy Nexus(which I love) and my wife recently picked up a Galaxy S3. I am having an issue when we try to use the NFC feature. I can send things to her but I error out immediately when she tries to send to me.

It opens up the play store and says item not found.

I haven't been able to find any info online about it and was wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

yeah i have. is her S3 still on ICS (android 4.0.X)?
i had the same issue with my buddys S3.
then he got the 4.1 update and all seems OK in the world.

i believe it was a problem with ICS to JB sending....since ICS was so limited (believe it was just web links and app links) and JB supports more file sharing.

before we couldn't send pics or videos, it would just take one of us to the play store....now it works great.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy SIII has added software, called S-Beam, to aid in transferring large files across NFC. Basically, with S-Beam the connection/transfer is started with NFC but then it switches to WiFi for the actual transfer. The Nexus, since it does not have the added Samsung software, does not have S-Beam. I'm guessing that your phone opens up the Play Store in an attempt to find the S-Beam app -- which naturally isn't there since it is a proprietary Samsung app.

Try turning S-Beam off on your wife's phone and see if that will fix the problem.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones