• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Pattern Lock: Locked OUT!

Can someone help me with my pattern lock on my Nexus? I cannot remember the pattern to save my life. It keeps asking for it and I have never entered it correctly. It continues to let me in to everything even though I am entering it incorrectly. I suspect this may be because I have it defaulted to NOVA Launcher. It really isn't preventing me from doing anything but it IS extremely annoying and I am afraid that if I were to disable NOVA Launcher I might be locked out altogether. I am not rooted and am very technologically unsophisticated so I would not be upset at being "talked down to" as long as there is some help for me!

Here's something worth trying:

If you are talking about a screen lock password, then after a fixed number of incorrect entries your device should prompt you for the password for the gmail account the phone is registered to. If that doesn't work, shut off the device, log into the gmail account on a website and change the password using Google's Password Recovery.

Once the new password is confirmed, turn on the device and try using the new password. The above does rely on you having either 3G or WIFI enabled on your device, and if it's not, the only other solution would be a full factory reset!

I hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones