1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Pattern Lock: Locked OUT!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by fr8bearnc, Apr 15, 2012.

1. fr8bearnc

fr8bearnc Lurker

Can someone help me with my pattern lock on my Nexus? I cannot remember the pattern to save my life. It keeps asking for it and I have never entered it correctly. It continues to let me in to everything even though I am entering it incorrectly. I suspect this may be because I have it defaulted to NOVA Launcher. It really isn't preventing me from doing anything but it IS extremely annoying and I am afraid that if I were to disable NOVA Launcher I might be locked out altogether. I am not rooted and am very technologically unsophisticated so I would not be upset at being "talked down to" as long as there is some help for me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. well, this has happened to me so i had took my phone in recovery mode and reset my phone and ever thing was reset and you may have to redownload your apps

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Here's something worth trying:

If you are talking about a screen lock password, then after a fixed number of incorrect entries your device should prompt you for the password for the gmail account the phone is registered to. If that doesn't work, shut off the device, log into the gmail account on a website and change the password using Google's Password Recovery.

Once the new password is confirmed, turn on the device and try using the new password. The above does rely on you having either 3G or WIFI enabled on your device, and if it's not, the only other solution would be a full factory reset!

I hope this helps! :)