1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Keila22, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've once installed Handcent but immediately uninstalled it. But after that, I started receiving duplicate text messages on my native messaging app. Also, the power control seems to be lagging when I click some option of it, which was not happening before. Another thing is sometimes when I use the keyboard, nothing appears on the text box. These all happened even after I uninstalled Handcent. What should I do? How can I clean it or something? I really want my old Nexus performance back. It really became slow now. Is it because of the Handcent or is it another cause? Thank you :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

That's really odd. I use Handcent on my Galaxy Nexus and haven't had any of the problems you're experiencing, it's professionally done and pretty stable. However, I never uninstalled it. In any case, I'd be surprised if Handcent is causing this. Apps usually don't leave code running after being uninstalled.

Did you install Handcent from Google Play or a different app store? Did you install other apps around the same time?

3. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

I installed it from Google Play :D I didn't install other apps at that time.. I've only updated some apps..

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Are you using a 3rd party notification app like lightflow?

5. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

6. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

If Handcent is not the problem, what can you advice to stop this problem? I've heard of a battery pull, but.. how do you do it? haha sorry for this stupid question, I'm just new on Android :\ I have an idea about it, but just to make sure.. And can it help solve the problem? Thank you so much

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A battery pull is what it sounds like - you pull out the battery without shutting the phone down first.

It forces an instant shutdown without saving anything. Might just help, unlikely to do any harm.

8. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

I've tried the battery pull but still nothing happened. Another additional problem is that the time in the upper-right corner is sometimes late. I have no idea why this is happening to my phone. Did anybody of you experience this? What should I do to solve this problem?

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP, is your phone rooted? Also, have you noticed the abhorrent behavior with other keyboards, or just the stock one?

10. Keila22

Keila22 Lurker

my phone has now returned to normal. thank you for all your help ^_^ what i did was a battery pull then deleted apps that I no longer use. it can be that one of the apps is the problem. thank you so much! ^^